- This event has passed.
Wilderness Survival 2-day Weekend (Moon River)
November 4, 2017 @ 10:00 am - November 5, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
This introduction to survival skills and preparedness is a must for anyone, including hikers, canoeists, hunters, fisher persons, and outdoor leads/camp staffs, who ventures into the great outdoors.
Basic survival skills covered include:
- Trip planning and notification
- Survival and safety kits
- Proper gear/clothing/footwear
- Shelter-building and fire-building
- Signalling for help
- Setting snares and foraging for food
- Map and compass basics
Dates (choose one at checkout):
- April 22 – 23, 2017 at Moon River
- June 3 – 4, 2017 at Moon River
- July 8 – 9, 2017 at Moon River
- October 7-8, 2017 at Moon River
- November 4-5, 2017 at Moon River
David Arama (‘The Survivorguy’) has been teaching and leading outdoor programs for more than 30 years at community colleges, universities, numerous district school boards, and city parks and recreation departments. Associated with the Wilderness Survival School, David has written several of the school’s manuals, including the WTI Wilderness Survival Manual. Due to David’s extensive knowledge in wilderness survival, GPS navigation, map and compass use, nature lore, edible and medicinal plants, and outdoors camping training, he is also a consultant and program designer, having pioneered numerous outdoor programs for groups, individuals, and many summer adventure camps.