Outdoor Survival (Humber Valley, Toronto)
March 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This introduction to survival skills and preparedness is a must for anyone, such as hikers, canoeists, hunters, fisher persons and outdoor leads/camp staffs, who ventures into the great outdoors.
The format and duration of the program will vary based on the site or vendor.
Families welcome, kids over 7 years.
- Proper gear/clothing/footwear
- Shelter-building and fire-building
- Signalling for help
- Setting snares and foraging for food
- Map and compass basics
- Being prepared at home and cottage
- The “what if?” priority survival skills